Local events sponsored and sometimes facilitated by the museum and volunteers include:
- Dog Sled Races - approximately first week of January every year
[10 am to 4 pm]
- Heritage Days at the museum - for 2016 will be held on February 27th to 28th:
- Come for the entertainment, the working displays, and the bannock;
- ...admission is free to the museum grounds. Enjoy some bannock (click on the link for our complimentary recipe). For more information regarding bannock in our North American culture, please visit the website celebrating Bannock Awareness published by the BC Ministry of Forests & Range.
- Annual Fort Nelson Trappers Rendezvous celebration - for 2016 will be held from Friday, March 4th to Sunday, March 6th. Watch for events at the museum and around town.
- Canada Day Parade (annually on July 1st). The museum contributes antique and heritage vehicles to the parade event along 50th Avenue North - the North frontage road paralleling the Alaska Hwy.
- Fort Nelson Historical Society
Annual General Meeting
November 20, 2016
Fort Nelson Hotel Tiki Room
Guest Speakers: Allison Tubman and Bill Dolan
Cocktails 5:30 Dinner 6:30
Tickets available at Boondocks and Down to Earth Health Shop or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Annual Events
- Monthly Moonlight Madness Cross-Country Ski events at the Fort Nelson Recreation Forest (aka Community Forest). Usually scheduled the Saturday on or before the full moon.